LDK offers a large variety of sealing options for its plummer blocks.
· 2-lip seal – One double-lip seal consists of two parts. Four halves for mounting on both sides of the housing. Excellent sealing effect.
· Felt seal – One seal consists of one retainer (two parts), one round cord (two parts) and one felt strip pre-soaked in oil (two parts). Can be also used with a V-ring seal. Four halves of aluminium die-cast retainer, four halves of NBR ring and four felt strips are supplied for one housing, for mounting on both sides.
· V-ring seal – One seal consists of one NBR rubber V-ring and one steel washer with a vulcanised NBR rubber lip. Two V-rings with two washers are therefore supplied per one housing, for mounting on both sides of this housing.
· Labyrinth seal – One seal consists of one cast-iron labyrinth ring and one NBR round cord.
· Taconite seal - One seal consists of one cast-iron labyrinth, two NBR rubber O-rings, one NBR V-ring, one cast iron body and one grease nipple. The taconite seal is used in the toughest conditions because it has an excellent sealing effect.
LDK FRB Locating Rings are used to secure a bearing in place in the split plummer block housings on both sides of the shaft to locate the shaft axially in both directions. Locating rings are identified by the prefix FRB followed by the part number indicating the width and outside diameter in millimeters.e.g.FRB 9.5/100.
The bearing seats in the housings are designed sufficiently wide and as a result are suited for both locating bearings and non-locating bearings. For fixed bearings that have to guide the shaft axially in both directions a locating ring should be inserted in the housing on each side of the bearing. With conventional non-locating bearings thermally induced changes in the length of the shaft are compensated by axial displacements of the bearing in the housing bore.
Locating rings are made of mild steel with black coating as standard or other finish upon request.